Six Months: Quarter less


Updated Sept 1st, 2014

Since I started losing weight I kept a post it note on my dresser to monitor all my weight loss progress. By writing the numbers down and seeing them daily it pushed me to do more to reduce the number. Big change doesn't all happen over night and some weeks it was hard to continue when I saw very little progress. There were some plateaus which I didn't record. So if I stepped on the scale weight the same as I did last week I would not update the post it note. Sometimes it felt like nothing was happening and then all of a sudden I was a few pounds lighter.  However, it is important to keep going. Even a little progress is progress. Chip away at the weight and over time those here and there pounds add up to a larger loss.




This is the content of my post it notes on my dresser, which I hope to continue to update with additional loss.

  •     March 1st- 280lbs
  •     March 10th- 277lbs
  •     March 18th- 267lbs
  •     March 29th- 265lbs
  •     April 1st- 262lbs
  •     April 8th- 257 lbs
  •     April 10th- 255lbs
  •     April 20th-252 lbs
  •     April 28th- 248lbs
  •     May 5th- 246lbs
  •     May 13th- 244lbs
  •     May 20th- 242lbs
  •     May 25th- 237 lbs
  •     May 31st- 235lbs
  •     June 17th- 232lbs
  •     June 24th- 229lbs
  •     July 4th- 227lbs
  •     July 10th- 226lbs
  •     July 12th- 225lbs
  •     July 17th- 223lbs
  •     July 22nd- 222lbs
  •     July 25nd- 217lbs
  •     August 20th- 213lbs
  •     August 27nd- 211lbs
  •     Sept 1st- 208 lbs


On July 25th I passed my original goal weight of 220lbs,  and I didn't stop there. As of Sept 1st, I've reached 208 pounds, a whopping 72 pound loss in exactly 6 months! That is over a 25% loss in weight. However, now I'm hearing pressure from close friends and family to quit the diet, as concerns about me looking too thin, or feeling "boney" are arising. I'm not entirely sure if its lip service or not, as some people are genuinely acting as though I've taken this too far... I don't think I'm "fat" any more but I do have fat in parts of my body that are still very much grabable and would like to reduce them a bit further. So how can I  quit the momentum I've built when I see there is more to lose and more to gain?

There is no need to abandon healthy habits just because I temporarily got what I want. That would be like taking up smoking because I have healthy strong lungs. The best thing to do is to keep going forward and hope to be a positive example to my family.



Comments

  1. That is amazing progress. Great work, Jay. Also, you are being a good example to others.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts