Fitness Update

Me at almost 300lbs


I just wanted to post a fitness update to go over my weight loss, my current weight, and what my goals are from here forward.


The Recap:

Left Side: May 2016 (205lbs)
     For those not in the know, I was fat. I was 200lbs as a Freshman in high school, 250lbs as a sophomore, and over 290lbs by my Freshman year in college. My weight fluctuated a lot due to an irregularity in calorie consumption and drastic seasons of activity/inactivity. In 2005 my weight had dropped down to 240lbs only to climb back up to over 280lbs in the following years. In March of 2014 I decided to get serious about weight loss, losing over 80lbs in the next 8 months.

  • My highest weight: about 300lbs
  • My starting weight (during diet) : 280lbs
  • My lowest weight (during diet): 195lbs

The Process:



Right Side: May 2016 (205lbs)
     I lowered my calories substantially, cut out fats, oils, sugars, and processed carbs. My diet consisted of chicken, fish, grains, fruits, and vegetables. I added in cardio 4-6 times a week including 15-40 minutes of  jogging or climbing stairs for increasing time and intensity as I could. I also added in push ups, pull ups, sit ups, dips, and planks to maintain muscle strength.



Post Diet:

    When reaching my goal I allowed for some wiggle in my diet, maintaining a weight somewhere around 200-205lbs and I'm proud to say that I've done a fair job of keeping the weight off.  I added the fats, oils, carbs, and sugars all back into my diet slowly and with caution while eating reasonable portions and being mindful.


  • Hover weight: 200lbs-205lbs.

     However, I have been indulging in ice cream, cookies, and chips, which during the holiday put on several pounds. On January 1st, 2017, I weighed 213lbs.




The Plan:

      I have since returned to a refined version of my original strict diet to shed off old and new fat that I am retaining. My daily calorie intake is very low... Ranging from 1600 to 1800 depending on the amount of chicken I eat for dinner. I have listed a break down of my schedule/food log. My breakfast, lunch, and snacks are all consistent on a day to day basis, with proteins, grains, minimal fat, and mostly natural sugars. I allow no cheat days and am doing cardio 4 days a week for about 45 minutes. I may sub out a grain instead of the cereal bar to reduce processed sugars, but other than that I plan to keep the current diet.

     As of January 10th, 2017, I am down to 207lbs (6 lbs loss in 9 days). I would like to continue to cut and lose weight. I am retaining a lot of fat in my waist/belly/love handles that I want to get rid of and I  want to add in muscle to fill my lose skin.. My new goal weight is probably near 180lbs.



Left Side November 2016 (210lbs)

Comments

Popular Posts