Losing It


I can't begin to express how happy I am to be thin. 



 I lost 80 pounds in 8 months. From 280lbs to 200...




That translates to going from a 2X to a Med. 



From a 44 waist to a 32 waist.



Complications and Dangers:

I didn't take pills or add anything extreme; Just good old fashion diet and exercise. The plus is that I don't have an addiction or substance that my body is dependent on to maintain this new standard.  I started living healthy and that alone is the lifestyle to maintain. The challenges I face now are an abundance of excess skin and a wavering self image.

I wish I could say I look in the mirror and feel comfortable, but I don't. I like that I'm more fit but seeing that extra skin, which looks like fat, makes me feel like there's work to be done. It is stressful. Anytime I eat anything not healthy I feel sick... and guilty. My mind quickly retreats to the conviction I had 80 pounds ago.

"Don't get fat..."

It takes a constant reminding to be satisfied with how far I've come and to not push my healthy lifestyle into an a sickness in the guise of health.

Comments

  1. Awesome, Jay! You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the good old standard of diet and exercise is the key to long-term weight loss, thanks for pointing that out. That's really what enables a person to maintain their new weight. You mentioned feeling guilty when you eat something unhealthy...I'm the same way...it kinds of kills the enjoyment of those things, but I guess that's a good thing, because then for me, anyway, the guilt isn't worth it so now I just end up not having the unhealthy morsel that I was eyeing. But, at the same time, I don't know if I'm too rigid about it or just being really disciplined!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts